A press release that was published in Datanews on 20/04/2018:
"The job referral platform QuidProJobs and technology company Hexalina are introducing a new model for online recruitment. The QuidProJobs platform allows companies to contact potential candidates directly, through its online network of referrers. Anyone who connects a talent and a company will also be compensated for this. This new platform is leveraging Hexalina’s Online Reputation service, which measures who really creates added value, and stores reputation metrics on the Ethereum blockchain.
Online reputation becomes transparent across platforms
The digital economy, in which large online platforms are growing, opens new opportunities in this area. “A company like AirBnB, for example, links landlords and guests with each other and uses reviews to demonstrate the reputation of both. This certainly is a step forward, but as a user, you’re nothing with that online reputation outside of AirBnB, you are locked-in this platform. We now have a solution for this” says Francis Chlarie, co-founder of Hexalina.
Hexalina developed a “Reputation-as-a-Service” concept in which everyone can build an online reputation that is verified through their interactions with the platform and other members of the network, and stored in a blockchain. “We can then have a resume and work experience confirmed by third parties, among other things. But your reputation on different platforms can also be stored in the blockchain. This makes your online reputation transparent and portable. You can use it on various platforms and you don’t have to start over from scratch,” says Chlarie.
QuidProJobs rewards matchmakers
This Online Reputation service is now used in production for the first time at quidprojobs.com, an employment platform that introduces an innovative business model based exclusively on referrals. “By bringing vacancies and talents in contact with each other via online networks, companies can connect with a mass of ‘hidden’ (read: inactive) talents that remain out of reach for classic recruiters. In the current war for talent, that is bound to worsen, it is a necessity to be able to fish outside the classical ponds…”, says Veerle Seymus, co-founder of QuidProJobs.
Recruiters and potential candidates are matched by referral providers, who connect people from their own personal network. “For every match that effectively leads to an employment contract, the hiring company pays a commission and QuidProJobs shares 50/50 with the referrer,” explains Tom Lecluyse of QuidProJobs.
Trust and credibility are crucial
For this business model to work, trust in the digital platform is crucial. That is why QuidProJobs and Hexalina established a partnership, and the referral platform uses Hexalina’s Reputation-as-a-Service API.
We combine different dimensions in a ‘network value score’ for each participant on the platform, so users get much more than a basic ‘5 stars’ rating. To calculate scores, our algorithms measure all interactions between participants in each dimension. We also monitor behavior to avoid manipulation, such as people promoting each other to get a higher score”, says Francis Chlarie.
To keep the network value transparent and decentralized, Hexalina stores it in a blockchain. “Each person controls their reputation, it’s not the property of the platform, and it can be portable to other platforms. Ultimately, putting the users back in control of their reputation could allow countering the monopolies of large platforms” concludes Chlarie."
And in our own words:
QuidProJobs introduces your network value
- The standard “5-star” rating models are easy to manipulate and abuse and measure only who collects the most rewards.
- These basic ratings evaluate you in one role only. But you can take up different roles when you are a member of QPJ: you can be a hired expert today, and a referrer next week and even a hiring company ... and all these actions bring value to the QPJ network.
- Therefore, QPJ introduces your personal QPJ network value. This is a more robust review system that measures your personal contribution to the QPJ network value in the multiple roles you can have within our platform.
You are more than 5 stars only
- At QuidProJobs, we are convinced that a robust rating mechanism is needed, one that truly represents members’ contributions.
- We believe in an open ecosystem, based on trust and integrity. QuidProJobs creates trust through our innovative recruitment marketplaces. But trust in the organization largely depends on our members’ credibility, and this credibility is much more than 5 stars.
- Members contribute in more than just one way, and therefore your network value is measured in multiple dimensions, not just as an abstract figure: how much members engage with the platform, how they serve as connectors, how much they share, their success rate… are examples of such dimensions.
You own your network value
- As a real visionary of open eco-systems, QuidProJobs wants that you own your network value. We don’t want you to feel like you’re locked-in, as this is precisely what we think is wrong with current centralized platforms.
- Moreover, the network value is created through the actions you have performed, therefore, you are the sole owner of your own network value. Your reputation belongs to you, not to QuidProJobs, nor any other platform or service partner.
- To guarantee this, your network value is stored using the blockchain ethereum through our partner Hexalina. This decentralized approach means that nor QuidProJobs, nor our partner owns your network value. This also means no private information is transmitted to our partner’s site, let alone stored there.
Your network value is portable
- You can refer other HR marketplaces to your network value on ethereum via our partner Hexalina.io. Only you can point to this link. And only if you want it.
- By collaborating on the QuidProJobs HR marketplace, you start to build reputation capital that can give you a head start in other HR marketplaces.